Hello and welcome

Saturday 16 May 2009 at 18:26

Hello, and welcome to my new 'Uber job hunting’ blog.

This is my first post so I'd just like to tell you a little about myself, why I started this blog, and how it stands out from the hundreds of other 'finding a job' blogs and websites out there today, especially during a recession.

I live in the UK and work in the IT industry, and like many others I lost my job this year due to the global financial crisis – or greedy bankers and blind governments, depending on your personal view (Thanks guys!).

I’m not going to bore you with economic analysis so I’ll only briefly lay out where we are. Its 2009. First we had the credit crunch in 2007, and then we had the global financial crisis that came to fruition in 2008. With these in motion, economies all over the world have fallen into deep recession, which has then rippled out across every industry and caused millions of people to lose their jobs (with many more to come). I am one of those people, and if you are too then you will understand just how tough it is trying to get back into work at the moment. Things aren’t likely to get much better too soon either. The unemployment rate here in the UK is still very high, and recovery could take many years.

For months now I have been working tirelessly to get a new job. I have a good CV, good qualifications, a strong career record, and a reasonably good professional network. After just a couple of weeks of losing my job I soon realised that this wasn't good enough to get a new job in current times. These are unusual times and the reason the job hunt is so tough is one of simple numbers. The number of job hunters far outweighs the number of jobs available. If you live in the UK, you can get a feel for your competition by paying a visit to Reed.co.uk and viewing the number of applications submitted for each IT job posted, many of these have received well over 200 applications per job (and those are just through the reed.co.uk website!). I’m not saying this is the case with all types of job role, but for many of us in mainstream roles this is a disheartening reality. This is simply the worst time to be looking for work, and even more so if you work in a highly competitive sector such as IT.

I’m not saying that we’re all doomed, as developed economies do and will eventually recover. I would like to do my part by helping those that need it most to get back into work as soon as possible. This blog is my channel to share with you the innovative techniques that I have developed for effectively monitoring the job market and have significantly increased my chances of being considered for a job in these tough times. It's not about taking a step back, taking another look at yourself, your strengths or career aspirations (I'm assuming you've already done that), it’s simply about finding and securing a new job against very difficult odds. In this blog I'll be showing you real techniques that you can apply immediately, and ones that I've personally had success with.

So, you're probably wondering what makes Uber job hunting different to any other type of job hunting? Uber job hunting is just the name I’ve given to some of my smart and practical methods for finding and securing work during this recession. I want to show you how to put yourself ahead of your competition, using innovative strategies and making technology do a lot of the work for you.

This first post doesn’t include any of the goodies as I need to write them up in a clear understandable format, but I just want to give you a feel of things to come over the next few weeks.

  • Uber job monitoring.
    How to monitor for jobs across multiple job boards within seconds of them being posted, putting you on top of the CV pile.

  • Uber job hunting vectors.
    My 4 key vectors for ‘attracting’ jobs, and tips on how technology and automation can be used to your advantage.

  • Uber job application tracking.
    Keeping track of your job hunting activities can be a challenge. I have developed some really simple ways to track your activities that you can freely adapt as you require.

  • And many more...
I hope you will find these as useful as I have, and I'm pleased to say that all of this will be completely free.

0 comments

Post a Comment